Still loving nexus in OZ !!!

« Older   Newer »

1. opascoot

User deleted

Hello again, since last time I said hello I have traveled 7000km on my new Ducati, although still some short rides on the Nexus and also the Kawasaki... but yesterday I had a lovely Nexus ride, here we have summer which only started on January 1st with 36C temps. before this it's been often cold, rainy and stormy...

Here's a little story and pics from my nice ride.... :D

the route...

A perfect morning for a ride south. After going down along the freeway (F?) it got a little cool, stopping here at the Cliff Hanger Lookout to put some more gear on and continue south to Kiama.

After about an hour I get off the freeway onto Swamp Road into some of the most beautiful countryside, apart from the hills it reminds me of when I lived in Holland ;virtually all winding roads rough in some areas, but on every side is a never ending of lush green pastures and beautiful hills!

After passing through the town of Jamberoo, I turned into Jamberoo Mountain Road, this time the views changed into covered rainforest canopy but as you climb higher the vegetation changes and views of the east coast meadows are brilliant. (here's a sample of the roads, but not my pic Jamberoo Mountain Road

Here I’m parked under a rather large tree where I met up with some other riders on 2 BMWs and a Husaberg, the view you can see is right in front of the Nexus !

Ending Jamberoo Mountain Road at the Pie Shop at Robertson, on top of Macquarie Pass, I travel a little down the Pass and take a turnoff into Tourist Road, the panorama shot is a little rough, but a nice shot I think.

Tourist Road, then Ridge Road, Range Road into Old South Road took me through gum forests, farmlands of pastures and a wonderfully hilly area such behind Mittagong, always fun!

Pic of the lovely Nexus in the gum forests along Tourist Road, with the barks stripping off the gums enriching the effect of the smooth white trunks, and with butterflies everywhere it added to the highlights of the day, started the morning in 20C ending around 1pm at about 32C degrees!

This ending the photo’s for the day as by then I came back into my usual ride areas of Colo Vale, Hilltop, Picton and back home. 262kms on one lovely Nexus :wub: , one brilliant ride!!

All the pics are from my Nokia phone, the trusty camera needs renewing!!

Ciao image

Tessera socio nr° 0559

Group
    SOCIO SÓLA

Status
    Hello!!! :D

3. laudo72

User deleted

azz. io non ce capisco na mazza d'inglese :(

ti dico solo ciao e complimenti :D

4. steve65

User deleted

hi pete...
    nice to read you again.......
    and... beautyful photo for a good ride...
    how many km do you have in the nexus now????
    tihs is my nexus at this time
    i will made some work....to made my nexus fastest!!!! :lol:
    i hope to read again soon
    ciao and have a nice summer time..
    here in my city at this time.... -4 degress......brrrrr
    ciao

5. opascoot

User deleted

Thanks Laudo72, My Italian is as bad as your English LOL !!

Hi Steve, yeah, Nexus is now only 13000 or so KM, still fun, fast and shiny!!
    Last service I had new belt/rollers and front tyre, renew brake fluid and coolant too, all going good still.

What you doing to your Nexus?? Supercharging?? lol, your place a bit too cold for me, tomorrow we expect 40C !!!! and I must work in cool airconditioning, nice!!
    Ciao!

6. incubo62

User deleted

ciao Opascoot, bellissime le foto della tua terra complimenti ............... Auguri anche se le feste sono passate

7. gpoint

User deleted

Hi Opascoot,
    congratulations, the photos are very beatuful. I envy you about your place, and about 40°C...
    Ciao!

8. fiore9

User deleted

:woot: Hi opascoot,your photos are so nice and the places are so amazing expecially nowaday,and are really so outoftime for me meanwhile out of my window it's snowing just like in a Polar Circle can be possible,infact probably i saw at this moment passing out a great white animal so similar at one great Polar bears......wow!
    I still have a nightmare,it was only the city bus,sorry!! :D I hope you'll continue to make me dream with your beautiful summer anyway in your beautiful and wild country!!

9. kitthy68

User deleted

[QUOTE=opascoot,5/1/2009, 11:20

Hi Steve, yeah, Nexus is now only 13000 or so KM, still fun, fast and shiny!!
    Last service I had new belt/rollers and front tyre, renew brake fluid and coolant too, all going good still.

What you doing to your Nexus?? Supercharging?? lol, your place a bit too cold for me, tomorrow we expect 40C !!!! and I must work in cool airconditioning, nice!!
    Ciao!
    [/QUOTE]

hi pete.. i'm steve65
    i write with computer of my wife giorgia(kitthy68)
    my nexus at this time gas 25000km...without problem...
    and for the questions... yes.. i would like to supercharge my nexus...just a few work to improve the accellerations....
    i'm not interested for the speed....
    and another idea is to paint the nexus..i don't know what color..i have time to tink...
    have a nice days in your beautiful australia....
    ciao and happy 2009

10. MarkoPolo83

User deleted

Hello, I love your country! I was in Australia last year, I stayed three months. "the most beautiful months of my life!"
    What's your job?
    I work in the shipping department of a transport company.
    I hope with all my heart that I can come back in your land!
    Many compliments for the photos are very beautiful! and it's very beautiful also your nexus image
    Greetings from italy!
    Marko

9 replies since 4/1/2009, 16:34   273 views