From Russia with love :)

Several topics for my new Nexy

« Older   Newer »

1. maxim@103

User deleted

Hi everybody!

Let me introduce myself at first. My name is Maxim, from Moscow, Russia. I am 31 and i just purchased used Nexy 500 Evo, 2008. I bought it in Riga, Latvia, then traveled with it to Moscow (1100 km), made custom clearance and finaly I am happy owner:) There are very few Nexuses in Moscow so for us it's not so easy to get new info.

My running is just nearly 3000 km with Nexy but I have some issues to be advised by expirienced users.

1. I have unpleasant creak from rear suspension. I supose it is from connection of low vertical arm with rocker arm. Still i use silicon lubricant to avoid the creak. Is it correct?
    2. I think that it's needed to replace the variator with Multivar2000. How the acceleration will change? Will scooter loose the maximum speed?
    3. What exhaust system can you recommend? Anyhow I will order exhaust from abroad (probably from easyparts) so I have to choose the best one. What about MIVV? I like how it looks with carbon silencer :)

These are most important issues for the moment but I opened for any other advices and know-hows!

Thank you in advance for your recommendations!

P.S. Sorry for my English, but it's much better than my Italian :)

2. francesco500

User deleted

benvenutoooooooooooo

se il tra duttore e buono questo e quello che dice massimo ;)

Ciao ognuno! Lascilo presentarsi inizialmente. Il mio nome è massimo, da Mosca, la Russia. Sono 31 ed ho comprato appena Nexy usato 500 Evo, 2008. Lo ho comprato a Riga, Latvia, quindi ho viaggiato con esso a Mosca (1100 chilometri), resa a sdoganamento ed infine sono il proprietario felice:) Ci è molto poco Nexuses a Mosca così per noi it' s non così facile ottenere nuova Info. Il mio funzionamento è di appena quasi 3000 chilometri con Nexy ma ho alcune edizioni da raccomandarmi dagli utenti expirienced. 1. Ho creak sgradevole dalla sospensione posteriore. Suppongo che provenga dal collegamento del braccio verticale basso con il braccio di attuatore. Ancora uso il lubrificante del silicone per evitare il creak. È corretto? 2. Penso che it' la s ha dovuto sostituire il variator con Multivar2000. Come l'accelerazione cambierà? Il motorino slaccerà la velocità massima? 3. Che sistema di scarico potete suggerire? Comunque ordinerò lo scarico dall'estero (probabilmente dai easyparts) in modo da devo scegliere quello migliore. Che cosa circa MIVV? Gradico come osserva con il silenziatore del carbonio:) Queste sono per il momento la maggior parte delle edizioni importanti ma mi sono aperto per tutti i altri consigli e "know-how"! Grazie in anticipo per le vostre raccomandazioni! P.S. Spiacente per il mio inglese, ma it' s molto più meglio del mio italiano:)

3. turchino

User deleted

good, welcome in the nexus club

Plutonio Bianchi Spillo 767

Group

Status
    Ciao e benvenuto!

tessera socio nr 0006

Group
    NON RINNOVATO

Status

welcome comrade

Добро пожаловать товарищ

Tessera socio nr° 0559

Group
    SOCIO SÓLA

Status
    Welcome in the NexusClub!!! :)

7. laudo72

User deleted

benvenuto :D

8. incubo62

User deleted

ciao e benvenuto nel club e ...... mandace la VODKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Edited by incubo62 - 3/6/2009, 07:53

9. cagola

User deleted

TRADUCO IO

ciao a tutti!

prima di tutto mi presento. il mio nome è Maxim, da mosca, russia. Ho 31 anni e ho appena comprato un Nexy 500 Evo, 2008 usato. L'ho comprato a Riga, Lituania, e poi l'ho portato a casa a mosca (1100 km), fatto le carte necessarie e ne sono diventato un felice possessore :) Ci sono pochissimi Nexus a mosca quindi per noi non è molto facile ottenere nuove informazioni

Ho percorso quasi 3000 km ma ho alcune curiosità che utenti esperti potranno soddisfarmi.

1. ho dei poco rassicuranti scricchiolii dalla sospensione posteriore. credo dipendano dalla connessione tra il puntone con la molla. ho usato silicone lubrificante per limitare i rumori. ho fatto bene?
    2. penso che dovrei cambiare il variatore con un Multivar2000. come cambierà l'accelerazione? perderò in velocità max?
    3. che scarico mi consigliate? comunque lo ordinerò dall'estero (probabilmente da easyparts) quindi vorrei scegliere il migliore. che ne dite del mivv? mi piace esteticamente con il silenziatore in carbonio :)

questi sono i miei dubbi principali per il momento ma sono tutto orecchi per altri consigli o trucchetti!

grazie in anticipo per i vostri consigli!

P.S. scusate per il mio inglese ma è sicuramente meglio del mio italiano :)

@MAXIM: first of all, HI & WELCOME!!!

to answer you:
    1. those creak are usual and normal. every nexus's got them. If your silicon lubricant works, well done!
    2. with a malossi multivar your Nexus will certainly improve its acceleration and top speed. But the really news to make your nexus a WOW Nexus is the "twin var" made by Keanu (a forum user). Hear to me, buy his kit and enjoy without buying any oder stuff like exhaust. it's composed by a couple of variators instead of one and a different belt. Plus you can improve it with the rest of the transmition system. If you are interested, pm me, I will translate to Keanu.
    3. read point 2. The original gilera exhaust is, as everybody say, the best one. maybe it is quite bad-looking but it is well made. ;)

hope being usefull!

10. maxim@103

User deleted

2 cagola
    Thanks for the info! I have knocked to the right door :)

"twin var" made by Keanu (a forum user)

It's very interesting for me! Do you know how can i contact with Keanu? What's the price for his TwinVar?
    Then i will think how can I buy it frim Italy and send to Russia...

Concerning the exhaust: acctually the weight of original silencer is too huge. Also original one equipped with catalizator. As we have not so strict regulation for exhaust gases I preffer to reduce the weight of silenser and of scooter as well. Of course carbon coated silenser is more beautiful :)

2 Everybody:

Please tell me what's the difference between Nexus 500 EVO and just Nexus 500? Is it any performance difference?

11. cagola

User deleted

CITAZIONE (maxim@103 @ 3/6/2009, 10:54)
    It's very interesting for me! Do you know how can i contact with Keanu? What's the price for his TwinVar?
    Then i will think how can I buy it frim Italy and send to Russia...

Concerning the exhaust: acctually the weight of original silencer is too huge. Also original one equipped with catalizator. As we have not so strict regulation for exhaust gases I preffer to reduce the weight of silenser and of scooter as well. Of course carbon coated silenser is more beautiful :)

2 Everybody:

Please tell me what's the difference between Nexus 500 EVO and just Nexus 500? Is it any performance difference?

well...HERE you can find keanu. he does not speak and understand english :(
    Anyway here in italy twin var is used by a lot of people (some users in forum are: laudo72, advan, speedlover, auricchio, mattemik, me ;) ). About shipping to russia I can't help you. about the price...you must hear keanu (cool, less than what you expect).

about exhausts...agree with you about weight and look. so in my opinion look for MALOSSI or G&G. alternatively you can ask keanu again who modify yamaha R1 or ducati monster exhausts ;). Maybe buying from him all you need he will make you a good price.

the nexus evo il further than 2006. the old model is from 2003 till 2005. about differences...the old one has 50hp insted of the 48 of the new one (for regulation for exhaust gases :( ) and a different carbon filter in the exhaust but about performance they are pratically egual

Tessera socio n° #0142

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Benvenuto! :D ;)

13. maxim@103

User deleted

Thank you guys for benvenuto!

I have sent the request to Keanu (in Italian) but he didn't anwer... I should wait I think.
    First tuning step was made :) I painted variator cover with black high gloss paint.

14. maxim@103

User deleted

2 cagola
    about the price...you must hear keanu (cool, less than what you expect).

I saw the price for twin var at Sell chapter of the forum. It is 390 Euro for my Nexy. A bit expensive for me comparing with 180 Euro for Multivar at easyparts.nl.
    So will think will I order twin var or not :(

BMW F 700 GS OSTRA GREY
    Tessera Socio n. #0062

Group
    SOCIO SÓLA

Status
    Ciao e benvenuto

27 replies since 2/6/2009, 19:41   524 views