Please help Nexus 500 wont start

Problem to start Gilera Nexus 500

« Older   Newer »

1. Ddrek

User deleted

Today I was driving around 100km than stop and after 2 minutes wanted start engine again but it wont. I could see engine yellow light still on and immobiliser light steady on (usually this light is switching off in moment of starting). The starter was working I could here also fuel pump. I changed ignition spark plug and the same. Of course I checked fuel level, battery, left footrest sensor and so on. But nothing helped. Also disconnected battery for 5 minutes and again nothing. Two lights yellow engine and immobiliser shine permanently. Checked also all fuses except big one somwhere inside.
    Please any idea?

2. fabiorunner

User deleted

Try to feel if when turn the key on, the fuel pump makes the usual noise pumping

3. Ddrek

User deleted

Yep pump makes normal sound. When I stop starting I can hear some movement in the bottom like fuel is coming back.

Tessera Socio n° #0001

Group
    Administrator

Status
    I think that your problem is immobilizer because the limmobilizer light will turn off in few seconds when to put key in on....

sorry for my English... I hope that you understood that I wrote

In Italiano:
    Penso che il problema sia l'immobilizer perchč la spia dell'immobilizer deve spegnersi dopo pochi secondi da quando si accende il quadro

5. Ddrek

User deleted

Thank you for help. I fixed it. I tell you whats has happened. Maybe it will help who meet the same problem in future. It showed up that immo blinked in special way after turning key on 0,7s on 2s off 0,5s on 0,5s off 0,5s on and 2 s on and remain stable. So I took service book and saw that need to be checked aerial connection. So I plug it off and plug it in back from decoder and engine start working without any problems. So if you meet some problems with electric just check how immo is blinking. It will tell you whats the problem. Very smart thing congratulation for designer.

6. jeffrey81

User deleted

Hi I've got similar problem with my Gilera. How can I find an immo aerial? Where should I start to search it? thanks for help.

BMW F 700 GS OSTRA GREY
    Tessera Socio n. #0062

Group
    SOCIO SÓLA

Status
    Sorry, but I can't help you :(

6 replies since 15/9/2010, 20:51   3933 views