Help with rear wheel removal

« Older   Newer »

1. opascoot

User deleted

! I have a slow leak in my rear Tyre so I thought to remove the wheel and bring out to the shop for repair. That sounded easy till I tried to remove the exhaust bracket off the rear axle.I think the previous person didn't grease the axle because the bearing is staying on the axle. please tell me if the bearing should stay in the bracket and should it come off the axle without much force?
    photobucket-7282-1326598669881

photobucket-10027-1326598941493

In all the time I have the nexus I have not yet removed the wheel myself, how you can help explain?

2. laudo72

User deleted

il cuscinetto deve restare attaccato al supporto marmitta, prova con un lubrificante e poi sforza un pochino che viene

3. laudo72

User deleted

il cuscinetto deve restare attaccato al supporto marmitta, prova con un lubrificante e poi sforza un pochino che viene

4. opascoot

User deleted

Thanks! I have since checked the spare parts pictures and thought the same, appears that the axle is stuck,I will use some penetrating lubricant and hope it comes off as it should. It is a very complicated wheel removal procedure I must say :) much rain here this week so I have plenty of time to fix it! Ciao and thanks!

5. opascoot

User deleted

No luck with my problem.i've applied 'rost off plus'
    But the bracket is coming Off the bearing,
    Rust is solid! I will bring it to the shop
    To get assistance.
    :( look forward to more riding soon :)

6. opascoot

User deleted

Hello again-all is well,I trucked my baby to the shop
    And with some minor force the bracket came off.
    But I renewed the bearing and also found my Michelin PS had very small/micro holes in some parts
    Of the Tyre,Michelin are going to replace it free! But no stock till mid Feb! So I got a Pirelli diablo for now,all is back to normal, but its raining so I won't test a fresh new tire in the rain lol
    photobucket-6076-1327119304806 :D

5 replies since 15/1/2012, 05:04   85 views