Nexus 500 exhaust problem

« Older   Newer »

1. Crni01

User deleted

Hello , i have problem with exhaust on nexus 500 , on idle and on small throttle exhaust manifold warms up to extreme temperature , it turn orange ( seems like it runs on pour mixture ) but on full throttle cools down to normal colour , performances are great same as before , did anyone had similar problem or have any idea what would be causing this

Tessera socio n° #0142

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Quiet, all normal. ;)

3. simokry

User deleted

in winter you realize it more 'for the cold and the dark........beautiful city zagreb

4. Crni01

User deleted

i am worried bacause this didn't happened before , last night i was driving with my fiend , we had same tempo of driving and when we stoped my manifold was glowing orange and his was normaly cool with no colour so it seems something is wrong with my fuel mixture , two months ago i did a valve adjustment ( 0.15 mm ) and cleaned intake manifold i also had electrical problem my main fuse 30 am burn out so it was showing yellow engine light but i solved that and repaired it , i am guessing the problem might be in electronic injection device ?

this is how it looks like

Edited by Camionaro - 24/3/2014, 22:54

Tessera socio n° #0142

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Try to bring in Piaggio to make a diagnosis to check the various operating parameters of the engine. ;)

6. Crni01

User deleted

Finaly i have managed to drive nexus to piaggio, they connected him to diagnostic tester and found no errors and other parameters were fine , they just adjusted throttle position sensor
    anyway it didnt solve my problem also spark plug has a nice brown colour which indicates to a right fuel mixture
    what gets on my mind next is to check engine compression to see if exhaust valves are sealing properly

7. dan65

User deleted

How many kilometers do your Nexus has?

8. Crni01

User deleted

about 38 ooo km, at least I hope so because I am the fourth owner :)

7 replies since 24/3/2014, 01:38   181 views