Battery voltage indicator/New Nexus

unusual reading

« Older   Newer »

1. opascoot

User deleted

Ciao i Ragazzi! Me è ancora, dall'Australia!! (online translation :D )

Yesterday when I was taking off from a brief stop, my 500 Nexus started to flash the Battery warning, indicating 11volts, then slowly blinking upwards, 11.5, 12.1, 13, 14.1 then it stopped.

Should I worry about this?

I stopped at other times afterwards but the volts always then indicated 14.1 (+-), I presume the battery is a Gilera part, do any of you have problems with your batteries?

I suppose it's fun to watch the onboard computer, if it is reliable, but it's useful to have I suppose :)

Still it's fun!!!!! my new love :wub:

2. piscanis

User deleted

Sometimes it happen on my Nexus too. Don't worry about this ;) !

For you security you can check the acid level on your battery and, if the level is under the "low", is better than you refill whit distilled water.

Bye!

3. Petrus.

User deleted

Don't worry Pete, it's usual with the nexus, it happens 'cause when the engine runs at idle the voltage produced isn't enough to keep the battery at 14volts, and then the computer shows the low voltage status.
    But, as you said, when you're running the voltage grows and comes back to the nominal value of 14 volts.

Anyway, as Piscanis said, check often the liquid level of the battery, it's a good abitude that will keep away the most of the electrical problems... ;)

4. opascoot

User deleted

;) Molti ringraziamenti!

I thought that was the case, best to ask then find out it could be bad.

Thanks for your comments!

Happy Riding :)

5. GNEXUS

User deleted

Hi and from me.

Can anyone tell me the voltage of the baterry shown at trip computer when we have close the throttle???

4 replies since 18/6/2007, 11:24   1968 views